What if the future became your present?
When Jenny Waters boards her flight back from New York in 1995, the biggest things on her mind are applying to Columbia and reuniting with her brand new boyfriend. But when she and the other passengers disembark in St. Louis, they’re told that their plane disappeared — twenty-five years ago. Everyone thought they were dead.
The world has fast-forwarded. Three of her grandparents are gone, her parents are old, and her “little” brother is now an adult. There’s so much she’s missed out on, not the least smartphones and social media and pop culture. When some surprising information comes to light, Jenny feels betrayed by her family and once-best friend. She’s also fighting her attraction to Dylan, a cute and kind classmate who has an unusual connection to her past. And then there’s the growing contingent of conspiracy theorists determined to prove that Flight 237 hides a sinister truth. Will Jenny figure out how to move forward, or will she always be stuck in the past?
Michelle I. Mason offers a smart and funny debut about big life changes . . . and the parts that, surprisingly, always stay the same.
What did people think about technology in 1995?
The Week of Aug. 2, 1995:
Top 10 Songs on Billboard Hot 100
- Waterfalls by TLC
- One More Chance/Stay With Me by The Notorious B.I.G.
- Don’t Take It Personal (Just One of Dem Days) by Monica
- Boombastic/In the Summertime by Shaggy
- Kiss from a Rose by Seal
- I Can Love You Like That by All-4-One
- Water Runs Dry by Boyz II Men
- Total Eclipse of the Heart by Nikki French
- Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman by Bryan Adams
- Run-Around by Blues Traveler
Top 10 Movies by Box Office Sales
- The Net
- Apollo 13
- Operation Dumbo Drop
- Nine Months
- Free Willy 2: The Adventure Home
- Under Siege 2: Dark Territory
- The Indian in the Cupboard
Behind the Scenes
Your Life Has Been Delayed Playlist
The story behind the title