Let’s talk books, reading, and writing! I would love to visit your school, library, bookstore, or festival, either in person or virtually. I live in St. Louis but am open to traveling. Your Life Has Been Delayed is targeted at young adult audiences, ages 12 and up, so it’s a great fit for middle and high school readers. Potential topics include:
- My journey to publication
- My debut book along with the inspiration behind it, how I researched a book set in the present that includes a historical worldview, and other behind the scenes fun
- Drafting, revising & polishing a book
- Writing process and how it’s different for every writer
- How to develop well-rounded characters
- What it’s like working with other writers, an agent, and an editor to turn a draft into a published book
- What’s behind getting a book published–covers, titles, and anything else students might want to know!
I love talking to other writers and have presented to multiple groups about my road to traditional publication (10 years in the making!). I queried for seven years and can give tips on querying agents, participating in contests, and fielding multiple offers from agents.
If you are interested in arranging an in-person or virtual author visit, please use my contact page to check my availability, rates, and more specific topic options.