Thanks to Kip Wilson Rechea for tagging me in her Reader Appreciation Award post and passing it along!
Kip was the very first reader of DUET WITH THE DEVIL’S VIOLIN and gave me excellent feedback. We met through Twitter when I put out a call for beta readers. She responded, and I’m so glad because I had the privilege of reading her MS as well. We’ve been on this querying journey together, and it’s so helpful to have someone who knows exactly what you’re going through.
So, as part of this award, I’m supposed to tell you seven things I haven’t shared previously.
1. I was a total school nerd. I was valedictorian of my high school, carrying on a tradition started by my grandma (valedictorian) and mom (salutatorian). Fortunately, at my school this didn’t require me to give a speech as graduation speakers were voted in. I am not great at public speaking. I ramble too much. I also graduated from Baylor with a 4.0. This might explain my perfectionist tendencies.
2. I don’t think I’ve mentioned my love for art, particularly French impressionists. I have three paintings by Renoir in my office, and Van Gogh and Monet grace other parts of the house. My husband and I love art auctions and have purchased many paintings this way.
3. I speak French, although I’m out of practice. I was a bit disappointed when we went to Paris a few years ago and everyone automatically spoke to us in English. I guess we were easily spotted as Americans.
4. I love movies. My favorite TV night of the year is the Academy Awards. I fill out my own ballot in advance. I am NOT happy with them increasing the Best Picture category to ten films.
5. I love math, and in junior high, I participated in math competitions. I still have one of the t-shirts. I also considered a minor in math and took Calculus II as an elective in college. I landed on a PR minor instead, which ended up being my career for ten years. I still have fun playing with spreadsheets.
6. And if that isn’t enough, I was in drama and choir in addition to orchestra, as well as the mock trial team. I’ve sung solos at school and in weddings. On the drama side, I once played Titania in A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM and the fairy godmother in CINDERELLA.
7. I love to shop. I haven’t had an occasion to talk about it on the blog, so that should count as a new thing. It’s interesting, though, that since having kids, I enjoy buying things for them more than myself. I guess that will change once they are old enough to pick out their own clothes.
The rules state that I’m supposed to pass this along to five other bloggers. I’d love to see your answers if you feel like participating but understand if you’d prefer not to.
Deb Beyer, my local CP who went chapter-by-chapter through my first MS
Carla Cullen, a fellow #TeamKrista member who recently let me read her excellent new MS
Noelle Henry, another #TeamKrista member who also writes about music
A.E. Welch, another writer I met through The Writers Voice who let me read her fun monster protectors MS
Deb Marshall, who I’ve gotten to know through MMGM and often is on the same reading schedule as me 🙂
The full Rules of the Game (for those I’ve nominated should they wish to respond):
1. Identify and show appreciation to the blogger who nominated you. (Or just explain how we met.)
2. You must add the reward logo to your blog. (I’ve decided that means include it in your post, not necessarily your sidebar.)
3. Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.
4. You must nominate 5-10 of your favorite bloggers for this award.
5. Inform your nominees that you nominated them.
I look forward to learning more about all of you!