Happy New Year’s Eve!
Per tradition, I’m wrapping up the year by sharing my 2022 reading list and statistics.
My reading was a bit down this year, from 88 books in 2021 to 80 in 2022. Those 80 books broke down to:
- 12 middle grade
- 54 young adult
- 14 adult
Most of those adult books were re-reads of Julia Quinn’s Bridgerton series. And actually, because I’d read them before, I flew through them. I really enjoy re-reading books, and those usually are faster reads, so I may try to mix in more in 2023.
I tried something new in 2022, sharing a monthly reading wrap-up graphic on Instagram. I’m not sure I’ll do that in 2023, but I will definitely continue my sporadic mini-reviews here. As with last year, I find myself unable to choose favorite reads, so instead I’m going to just drop some notes behind a few of these. Also, as usual, if I reviewed the book in one of my roundups during the year, it’s linked.
- Radha & Jai’s Recipe for Romance by Nisha Sharma
- When You Get the Chance by Emma Lord – Added to my permanent collection 😊
- Love Your Life by Sophie Kinsella
- Sunkissed by Kasie West
- Drawn That Way by Elissa Sussman
- Sunny Song Will Never Be Famous by Suzanne Park
- Mad, Bad & Dangerous to Know by Samira Ahmed
- The Lucky Ones by Linda Williams Jackson – A very powerful book I recommend for all MG readers!
- In Every Generation by Kendare Blake – For the Buffy fans (like me 😉)
- The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood
- Just Right Jillian by Nicole D. Collier
- Sway with Me by Syed M. Masood
- Tahira in Bloom by Farah Heron
- The Last Confession of Autumn Casterly by Meredith Tate – Added to my permanent collection 😊
- Devil in Disguise by Lisa Kleypas
- Once More with Chutzpah by Haley Neil
- We Can Be Heroes by Kyrie McCauley
- The Duke and I by Julia Quinn
- The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn
- An Offer From A Gentleman by Julia Quinn
- Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn
- To Sir Phillip, With Love by Julia Quinn
- When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn
- It’s In His Kiss by Julia Quinn
- On the Way to the Wedding by Julia Quinn
- Daughters of a Dead Empire by Carolyn Tara O’Neil
- Being Mary Bennet by JC Peterson
- Love, Decoded by Jennifer Yen
- The Most Dazzling Girl in Berlin by Kip Wilson – With every new book, Kip manages to both break my heart but also leave me hopeful. I read this historical verse novel in a single day!
- Winterborne Home for Mayhem and Mystery by Ally Carter
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Mr. Wrong Number by Lynn Painter
- Only A Monster by Vanessa Len
- Sense and Second-Degree Murder by Tirzah Price – Added to my permanent collection 😊
- This Might Get Awkward by Kara McDowell – Added to my permanent collection 😊
- A Dragonbird in the Fern by Laura Rueckert
- This May End Badly by Samantha Markum
- Rivals by Katharine McGee
- We Are the Song by Catherine Bakewell – Added to my permanent collection 😊
- Some Mistakes Were Made by Kristin Dwyer
- This Is Not the Jess Show by Anna Carey
- Thelma Bee in Toil and Treble by Erin Petti
- The Agathas by Kathleen Glasgow & Liz Lawson
- Girl On the Run by Abigail Johnson
- American Royals: Inheritance by Katharine McGee
- Amari and the Night Brothers by B.B. Alston
- My Mechanical Romance by Alexene Farol Follmuth
- Unbreakable by Kristin Smith – Added to my permanent collection 😊
- Forging Silver Into Stars by Brigid Kemmerer
- Love & Other Great Expectations by Becky Dean
- This Vicious Grace by Emily Thiede
- Red, White, and Whole by Rajani LaRocca
- Lark and the Wild Hunt by Jennifer Adam – Added to my permanent collection 😊
- No One Is Alone by Rachel Vincent
- The Charmed List by Julie Abe
- The Final Gambit by Jennifer Lynn Barnes – Added to my permanent collection 😊
- A Girl’s Guide to Love & Magic by Debbie Rigaud
- Etta Invincible by Reese Eschmann
- Hot Dutch Daydream by Kristy Boyce – Will be adding to my permanent collection when it releases in 2023!
- Amari and the Great Game by BB Alston
- The Edge of Summer by Erica George
- My Imaginary Mary by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton & Jodi Meadows – Added to my permanent collection 😊
- Friends Like These by Jennifer Lynn Alvarez – Couldn’t put this one down!
- A Heavy Dose of Allison Tandy by Jeff Bishop
- Lia and Beckett’s Abracadabra by Amy Noelle Parks
- Places We’ve Never Been by Kasie West
- Cards on the Table by Agatha Christie
- Better Together by Christine Riccio
- Tokyo Dreaming by Emiko Jean
- Flirting with Fate by J.C. Cervantes – Added to my permanent collection 😊
- Lord of the Fly Fest by Goldy Moldavsky
- Spells for Lost Things by Jenna Evans Welch
- Eight Nights of Flirting by Hannah Reynolds
- After Dark with Roxie Clark by Brooke Lauren Davis
- Stellarlune by Shannon Messenger – Auto-buy! And I loved this installment so much. Can’t wait for the last book in the series.
- Cruel Illusions by Margie Fuston
- Shad Hadid and the Alchemists of Alexandria by George Jreije – Added to my permanent collection 😊
- The Do-Over by Lynn Painter
- Defend the Dawn by Brigid Kemmerer
- The Betrothed by Kiera Cass
As you can see, I read some fantastic books this year. I may yet write some more mini-reviews for a few of these in January. We’ll see if I get myself together to do so.
What did you read in 2022? Anything that was on my list?
I don’t have any particular reading goals for 2023, but I’m always looking for recommendations, so please drop any in the comments. I wish you all happy reading in 2023!
I highly recommend We Deserve Monuments, As Long as the Lemon Trees Grow, and You Are My Sunshine (adult NF). Happy New Year!
Thank you for the recommendations, and Happy New Year!!
Thank you for clueing me in to In Every Generation. I might check it out.
I was rewatching an episode of Buffy, and at one point she was looking for a couple friends. I wondered why she didn’t call them. Then I realized it was pre-cell phone.
I love how Kendare Blake captures the spirit of the show with a new generation–and the second book in the series just came out. I haven’t read it yet, but it’s on my TBR. I’d love to hear what you think after you read!